Sunday, May 2, 2010

Adventures in Oshkosh!

Yesterday Liz and I went on a walk. No, a hike. We walked SEVEN miles to Starbucks.
The Beginning:
We decided to FINALLY take some pictures. We've heard of the laying down game and decided to take a shot at it. That only lasted about the first 10 minutes of the walk but ended up hilarious. I also got pictures of my favorite Oshkosh landmarks. Such as Bob's gas station, Nigl's Bar, and Jordy's liquor store where we will buy our first bottles of booze when we are seniors. As the walk continued we ran in to many "characters". First was a biker who really just wanted to get past us even though we're pretty sure it was biking at the same speed we were walking. Then we saw LITTLE LANCELOT! (backstory: we have a bunny that follows us and we have named him Lancelot, our belief is that he is protecting us.) Anyway it was Lancelot's baby, or so we believe. He was ADORABLE! Then we got chased down my 3 little kids who wanted us to help them find their cat. I did NOT like it but Liz kept her cool. Then we continued to be followed by police who were either protecting us, or thinking we were up to no good. Either way we survived. We also saw many creepy people especially the guy with a cane which we guessed he was using as a prop to look week and lure girls in to feeling sorry for him. We didn't fall for it though. It was at this point that we realized we would have to walk back... in the dark. And I forgot my rape alarm.
Part 2:
We made it to Starbucks! It was sooo delicious and worth the "walk". We decided to leave while our drinks were still intact. As we are leaving the parking lot Liz drops her drink. and it SPLATTERS across the pavement. It was sooooo funny... and sad.... for her. She got even got splashed in the face by her treat. silly girl. So she cleaned up and we continued our journey. It was dark at this point, like suddenly NO SUN. But we trekked on... when suddenly I saw... A DEAD LANCELOT! It was so traumatizing but we aren't sure if it was THE lancelot or not but we haven't seen ours since. :( It is very sad indeed. On the way back we passed many creepy houses like idk how they are even standing. Soooo scary. But we made it back! Tired but having a great sense of accomplishment we returned and rested for the remainder of the night. Oh and we realized later that there was a closer starbucks.. we will have to venture to that one another time.
Now, however, we are both very ready to return to our hometowns, but I know once I am home I will miss my Liz dearly. I think I'll survive... for a while. I really cannot wait to see all the other loves of my life. The END.

No comments:

Post a Comment